COINS: International Conference on Omni-layer Intelligent systems
The Intelligent Internet of Things (IoT) tsunami is affecting every aspect of our daily lives, ranging from smart cars, smart homes, smart cities, smart factories to smart health, and smart environments. Although IoT vastly expanded the possibilities to fulfill many of our needs, numerous challenges still should to be addressed in order to develop smart, consistent, suitable, safe, flexible and power-efficient systems. To enable this transformation and to better understand the untapped opportunities, the interdisciplinary landscape of IoT demands a large number of significant technological advancements in the hardware and software communities to come together and to synergize their efforts. COINS focuses on novel omni-layer techniques for smart IoT systems, by identifying new perspectives and highlighting impending research issues and challenges. In particular, this conference addresses all-important aspects of novel IoT technologies from Connected Devices, to Edge/Fog, Cloud, and application, covering manufacturing, materials, CMOS and beyond-CMOS devices, architecture, embedded systems, reconfigurable hardware, network, cloud, Omni-layer artificial intelligence and machine learning, big data, emerging applications, as well as human-machine interaction. COINS also discusses the associated challenges that need to be overcome for achieving the goal of accuracy, privacy, reliability and security. The three-day COINS event consists of a conference with plenary keynote speakers, invited papers, regular papers, panels, special hot-topic sessions, and workshops.
Within the scope of the conference, the main areas of interest are organised in the following tracks. Submissions can be made to any of the track topics. In addition, several Special Sessions (with their own coordinators and subprogram committees) do also welcome contributions in specific themes of particular interest (see CfPs). All papers are reviewed following guidelines, quality requirements and thresholds that are common to all committees.
COINS Executive Committee is pleased to announce registration grants for highly skilled students who have an accepted paper. The number of grants is limited, therefore the funding is awarded on a competition basis. We are especially looking forward to applications from Middle East, and ASIA. Please do not hesitate to contact and apply to the COINS Organization (Dr.-Ing. Farshad Firouzi) via email: email@example.com.
- Deadline for regular paper submission: December 1, 2018
- Notification of acceptance of regular papers: January 15, 2019
- Camera-ready: January 31, 2019
- Track 1: Internet of Things: From Device, to Edge, and Cloud
- Track 2: Omni-Layer Security, Privacy, and Trust
- Track 3: Omni-layer Reliability in IoT Era
- Track 4: VLSI, EDA, Embedded Systems, and Computer Architecture
- Track 5: Real-time Systems
- Track 6: Alternative and Approximate Computing
- Track 7: Cloud Computing
- Track 8: Programming Language and Software Engineering
- Track 9: Big Data
- Track 10: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cognitive Computing, and Advanced Analytics
- Track 11: Evolutionary Computer Vision, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition
- Track 12: Automation Systems
- Track 13: Automotive Systems
- Track 14: Intelligent IoT eHealth
- Track 15: Enterprise Architecture